You've found it, it's my absolute favorite summer dessert!
I first tried these light and sweet cookie cups at my surprise baby shower that my coworkers threw for me! My hiring manager, Kristen, brought these and they were such a hit! I asked her for her recipe immediately and I made them for the first time that same weekend 😂
Over the the year, I've made these for family in town, brought them to parties, or just for Cody and me (no shame in my game).
They are light from the cool whip, sweet from the sugar cookie cup, and fresh from the fruit topping! I like to keep these very cold and bring them out on a hot day. So refreshing!!
You will not regret making these for your next summer party. I know summer may look very different this year, but this dessert is here to stay!
Summer Sugar Cookie Cups
- Pillsbury sugar cookie dough (package that includes 24 precut squares)
- 8 oz container Cool Whip
- 7.5 oz container Strawberry Cream Cheese
- fruit of choice for topping - I love blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Drop individual squares of cookie dough into each liner. You will have 24 cookie cups. Don't do anything else to the dough, just drop them in there!
- Bake for 11 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit in muffin tin for 3 minutes and then move the cookies in liners to a cooling rack for 10ish minutes. Transfer to the fridge for at least 30 minutes so that they are nice and cold before filling.
- Meanwhile, mix together the thawed cool whip and strawberry cream cheese. Add to a piping bag or a ziplock bag.
- Once cookies have been chilled, take each cookie cup out of the liner and then pipe cool whip and cream cheese mixture into the cup. Top with fresh fruit of choice.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve!
Leave a Reply