Tis the season for overly complicated desserts. But not these Nutella Twists! They are easy to make and loved by all!
I look for any reason to make a recipe with frozen puff pastry. I love how these desserts are always light, crispy, and has the perfect amount of sweetness. If you haven't tried a puff pastry recipe yet, this is the EASIEST way to try.
Tips for success -
- Do not let the puff pastry get too warm. You want the dough to be thawed enough to unfold, but still firm to the touch. This will help with spreading the Nutella and slicing.
- The Nutella may resist being spread. I also fought with the Nutella, but I won 🤪 Using a silicone spatula helps.
- Parchment paper is so helpful in this recipe. You can do everything right on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. No extra dishes!!
Substitution Options -
- If you're not into Nutella you can swap with peanut butter or just about any other nut spread.
- If you have a nut allergy, may I recommend a cinnamon sugar filling instead?! 😁
How to store -
These are best right away!! You can store in an airtight container on your counter or in the fridge but I would enjoy them ASAP.
I'm in! What should I make next?
If you have more puff pastry in your freezer, you need to make these
The easiest holiday dessert!
Servings: 16 twists
- 1 package Frozen Puff Pastry (2 sheets of dough)
- 2 tablespoons nutella
- 1 egg + water for egg wash
- powdered sugar
- Let the frozen puff pastry dough thaw on the counter for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Unfold the puff pastry sheets and spread the nutella on 1 of the dough sheets
- Top with the other sheet of dough
- Slice the puff pastry sandwich into 16 equal sized strips.
- Twist gently until each strip is completely twisted.
- Whisk egg and water together and brush gently over the twists.
- Add to baking sheet (8 twists per baking sheet), and bake for 14-16 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then dust with powdered sugar.
- Enjoy immediately!
Leave a Reply