These Bacon Cheeseburger Quesadillas will be tailgate snack of the year! Or the most loved after-school snacks for the kids. Whatever season in life you’re in 🙂
School is back in session and it's football season, so that means that snacks are as important as ever! I’ve had the pleasure of working with Tony Chachere’s for a year now and it’s always a treat to come up with recipes that the whole family can enjoy while cheering on your favorite team. Thank you Tony Chachere’s for sponsoring this post!
The goal of this recipe is to be well-liked by all age groups, to be easily transported to a tailgate, and to be enjoyed utensil-less. We nailed it. This recipe checks all the boxes.
The ground beef is perfectly seasoned thanks to the Tony Chachere’s 30 Minute Burger Marinade. And when it’s sandwiched between a crispy buttered tortilla and melted cheese? Heaven. Oh, and there’s bacon…because bacon. Heaven with added crumbled bacon.
Add a drizzle of Tony Chachere's Creole-Style Ranch Salad Dressing and you’re going to go back for another wedge, and another 🤪
Tips for success
- You need butter for the quesadilla. Ok!? Are you listening!? Add SALTED butter to your pan before making your quesadilla. You will thank me and will never go back to your non buttered quesadilla ways.
- If making for an event, I would make all of the filling and prepare the sauce and toppings ahead of time. Splitting the cook time will reduce the time spent in the kitchen on the day of, with still serving a fresh and crispy quesadilla.
Kid Friendly Tips
- Keep the fillings minimal!
- Cut the quesadilla in fun shapes ⭐️⁃
- My most favorite tip is to eat with your kids. If you’re enjoying the same snack, even better! Most people don’t want to eat alone, this includes your kiddos.
How to store leftovers
- You can make the filling for the quesadillas ahead of time and just grill the quesadillas when you’re ready to eat. Or you can make a whole bunch and reheat in the air fryer.
- Store the quesadillas or the filling in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Ok, I’m in, what should I make next?
Try these other snacks that are both kid friendly and perfect for tailgates!
Bacon Cheeseburger Quesadilla
- 1 pound ground beef
- ⅓ cup Tony Chachere’s 30 Minute Burger Marinade
- 3-4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 6-8 soft taco sized tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Tony Chachere's Creole-Style Ranch Dressing
- Optional toppings – pickles, lettuce, tomato, caramelized onions
- Combine ground beef and Tony Chachere’s Burger Marinade. Let chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Mix well and then add to skillet on medium heat.
- Cook and crumble until ground beef is cooked through. Drain any grease and remove from heat.
- Warm a skillet over medium heat and add in a small pad of butter (about a teaspoon but I never measure 🙂 )
- Once the butter has melted, add the tortilla and then top with ¼ cup cheddar cheese.
- Add burger ground beef and crumbled bacon to one side of the tortilla and once cheese has started to melt, flip tortilla on itself, in half.
- Let the quesadilla grill on skillet until both sides of the tortilla are golden.
- Remove from heat and slice into 3 equal wedges.
- Drizzle with Tony Chachere's Creole-Style Ranch Salad Dressing and serve with pickles, tomatoes, lettuce, and caramelized onions.