This easy Bisquick Banana Bread is a fool proof recipe that uses up those brown bananas on your counter. It's my go-to sweet breakfast recipe that never disappoints!
The simplicity of this bread does not mean that it's not the perfect afternoon treat! I think I might even prefer it on the second day after the top of the loaf gets super moist like a bakery muffin 🥰
If you have a slow afternoon at home, and some bananas that you're about to toss, you probably have all of the other ingredients to make my favorite quick bread. Give it a try!
Tips for success -
- Really mash those bananas! I try to get all of the lumps out and the bananas should be brown, soooo it shouldn't take much 😄
- Use your toothpick to check if it's baked through. The top of the bread can be deceiving. Keep it in the oven until your toothpick comes out clean.
- Resist the urge to slice into it right away. Waiting 10 minutes before removing from the pan and then letting cool for 10 minutes allows for clean slices.
Substitution Options -
- You can easily swap out olive oil or avocado oil for vegetable oil if you wish to do so.
- Eggs can be swapped for a flax seed alternative (although I clearly prefer the eggs in the bread)
- I've used a Bisquick alternative in a pinch and it's worked out great. I followed this recipe to easily make my own Bisquick mix for this recipe.
For the leftovers -
Wrap with foil or plastic wrap and store in the fridge for a week. You can also freeze for a few months, just defrost overnight in the fridge.
What tools will I need?
- I love these mixing bowls that have a rubber bottom for non-slip stirring
- My most used measuring cups
- Silicone spatulas to make sure you get every last bit of that banana bread batter
- Any old bread pan will do!
I'm in! What should I make next?
Let's balance out our breakfast, shall we?
Bisquick Banana Bread
- 3 medium sized very ripe bananas about 1 ½ cup
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ⅓ cups Bisquick Pancake and Baking Mix
- 1 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large mixing bowl, add bananas and mash well.
- Add in vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla and then whisk to fully incorporate.
- Add in Bisquick and sugar and then stir for 30 seconds.
- Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with nonstick spray and pour in banana bread batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick can comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, remove from pan, let cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes and then slice!