These jalapeño corn fritters are simple enough to have as a weeknight dinner side dish and impressive enough to serve them to friends as an appetizer. Try out this corn fritter recipe this weekend!
Packed with flavor by using Tony Chachere’s More Spice seasoning, you’ll want to make these again and again! I’d like to thank Tony Chachere’s for sponsoring this post!
Tony Chachere’s has an amazing line of seasonings and dinner mixes that I use daily in my home. Not exaggerating, I put this stuff on everything!
I love their More Spice seasoning because it’s similar to their Original Creole Seasoning, but with less salt and a little more of a kick 🔥 But no worries, Madeline enjoyed these jalapeno corn fritters so they aren’t that spicy. (She just turned 2 FYI)
Tips for success -
- Don’t skip out on mixing the batter for a few minutes! Take out your hand or standing mixer and make sure everything is really combined. I promise there is a huge difference in outcome!
- You can either scoop the batter out by hand, or I like to line a 9x9 baking pan with plastic wrap and then press the batter in the mold. I then use my pizza cutter to equally divide into 12 fritters. I find it’s less messy and makes equal sized fritters.
- Check your baking powder!! If your can has been opened for 6 months, you need to replace. It will not work properly.
- Let your skillet get HOT before adding the fritter batter. I like a cast iron skillet for these fritters, but a nonstick would work as well. Just make sure your pan is hot so the fritters do not stick to the pan when trying to flip.
- When cooking, do not disturb the fritters until it's time to flip. They will stick and it will annoy you. Just be patient 😁 Clean a dish or something while you wait.
How to store & reheat -
- If you’re making these a day before you plan to eat them, let the corn fritters cool to room temperature and then transfer to an airtight storage container and keep in the fridge. They will be good for up to 4 days but I think they are best within the first day.
- To reheat, either pop in the air fryer at 400 for 6 minutes, or add to a baking sheet and broil under high heat for 5-6 minutes, flipping once.
Try these next time –
- Baked & Crispy Chicken Taquitos
- Chicken & Bacon Party Pinwheels
- Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwiches
- Cheesy Spinach Pinwheels
- Pimento Cheese Jalapeno Poppers
Jalapeno Corn Fritters
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 1 egg
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup corn meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup Monterey Jack cheese
- ¼ cup milk
- ¾ teaspoon Tony Chachere’s More Spice seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine flour, corn meal, baking powder, and Tony Chachere’s More Spice seasoning in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in rest of ingredients, in a standing mixer (or using hand mixer) mix on low for 2-3 minutes.
- Form into 12 fritters
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet on medium heat and then fry the fritters for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve with Tony Chachere’s Ranch Dressing