The best box brownie recipe starts with a fudge brownie box mix but then Oreos, a chocolate bar, coffee, and a magic ingredient are added to the batter before baking. 🍫
I love these fudgy box brownies because kinda homemade but not all the way is my favorite kind of recipe (and yours too 😄)
I've been trying to make the PERFECT brownies for years. And I've had a hard time getting it juuuuuust right.
But I did it! This is our favorite brownie recipe right now.
They are stuffed with Oreos, a chocolate bar, coffee, and a splash of vanilla! So it's boxed brownies but not quite. You'll love these. Your family will love these. Your neighbors will REALLY love receiving a freshly baked tray of brownies on their doorstep 🤩
Ok, I'm in! What do I need?
- A mixing bowl and measuring cups
- A whisk and a spatula to make sure you get allll of the batter out.
- A baking pan. I like this size.
- Parchment paper sheets to make it easy to take the brownies out of the pan.
- A glass of milk 😁
What dessert should I make next?
The Best Box Mix Brownies
- 1 box fudge brownie mix
- ¼ cup brewed and cooled coffee not hot
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 oz semi sweet chocolate bar half of the bar
- 8 Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together coffee, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Add in brownie mix and stir to combine.
- Coarsely chop chocolate and add in 2 ounces of the chocolate bar to the batter, reserving the other half for topping.
- Coarsely chop the Oreos and add 6 of the chopped cookies to the batter, reserving the other 2 chopped cookies for topping.
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and then top with remaining chopped chocolate and Oreos.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Let cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
- Enjoy with a cold glass of milk! YUM!