If you have almost expired bread, you need to make these homemade baked croutons! They are so addicting!!
I’m not sure about you, but I hate when buy a loaf of bread, forget to eat a few slices, and then DANG, I need to throw it away.
I’ve gotten A LOT better at freezing half of my loaf as sliced bread defrosts perfectly but if there are a few slices hanging out (especially the end pieces), I always make these easy and delicious homemade baked croutons.
But can I really make the best crunchy baked croutons at home?
You sure can! All you need to do is cube your stale bread into 1 inch pieces and toss with olive oil and seasonings. The bread pieces are baked for just 10 minutes and in that time, the stale bread turns into the most flavorful, crunchy crouton!
Ok, I’m in. What kitchen tools will I need?
What else should I make with these homemade croutons?
- You can make this homemade salad dressing (coming soon 😉)
- You can top these on this Greek Slaw
- Assuming you’re making a side salad with the croutons, you can make these meals
- 3 slices thick sliced bread I like Nature’s Own Perfectly Crafted Multigrain Bread (picture below recipe)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Flipping halfway through. Keep a close eye on these as they can easily burn.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and then top on a salad, enjoy them as a snack, or store for later! I keep these in my pantry for up to a week.