DATE NIGHT!!! Time to put the kiddos to sleep and enjoy a Date Night In Margarita 💚
This past year has forced us to rethink date nights. But if we're being honest, I think we've had to rethink date nights for the past 20 months, once little miss Madeline entered the world 😜
Now this drink is a STRONG SALLY. She is fierce and in your face. So don't you dare chug this or disrespect it. The date night in margarita must be appreciated, sipped, and enjoyed with someone who makes you happy.
Being able to make great cocktails at home has been such an unexpected necessisty. I'm at a point in my late twenties (lol) where I would rather have one great and fresh cocktail for higher price point than multiple cheap versions of the same drink. Margaritas in particular are ONLY good, if you know it's being made to order.
BUT sometimes you don't want to pay for $8 to have it at a bougie rooftop restaurant. Or say a worldwide pandemic has caused everyone to be home for a year 🙃 In these CRAZY times, it's nice to have some great cocktail recipes on hand so that you can have that same fancy drink while sitting on your couch watching Breaking Bad.
Tips for making the BEST date night in margarita -
- Don't skip the egg white! I know it's odd but it creates the most gorgeous fizz for your drink. And it's date night, so we're going all out!
- You can use Triple Sec here, BUT I recommend Cointreau. It's definitely more expensive, but a bottle should last you a while.
- Stop buying simple syrup from the store!! It's quite literally the easiest thing to make. I'll show you in the recipe below
- We NEED to use fresh limes here. The lime juice concentrate just won't cut it.
Some stuff you may need -
- This is the Pyrex measuring cup I'm talking about. I use it about 10 times a day for EVERYTHING
- Magic Bullet for blending the margarita. This is the perfect size for this recipe, it's like it was just made for it or something 😉
- Citrus juicer for getting all the fresh lime juice.
- These aren't my margarita glasses but they look like a fun time 🤪
Date Night In Margarita
- ½ cup your favorite tequila
- ¼ cup simple syrup
- ¼ cup Cointreau Triple Sec also works
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon egg white
- 1 cup of ice
- Sparkling water Topo Chico is my favorite to use
- 1 cup distilled water
- 1 cup sugar
Prepare the simple syrup -
- In a glass measuring cup (I use my 2 cup Pyrex), add 1 cup of water
- Stir in 1 cup of sugar and microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir well and then microwave for another minute.
- Stir well and then microwave for 30 second more or until all sugar granules have dissolved into the water.
- Transfer into a glass jar and store in the fridge until ready to use.
Prepare the margaritas -
- In a blender cup, combine tequila, simple syrup, cointreau, lime juice, egg white, and 1 cup of ice.
- Blend baby blend for at least 30 seconds. The margarita should be slightly slushy, but not resembling a frozen margarita (this is just so that we are drinking the COLDEST possible drink without watering down)
- Pour into two cocktail glasses, top with an ounce of sparking water, and CHEERS!
- Keep the blender out, because you'll want another 😉