It’s Valentine’s Day weekend!! And I have the perfect weekend activity for you and your kiddos, make these Valentine’s Day Sugar Cookie Cups!!
These dessert cups are a favorite around here. I love making them in the summer because of how light and cold they are. But yummy sweets are perfect for any time of year.
Pro tip for making Valentine’s Day Sugar Cookie Cups-
1. Make sure you use cupcake liners to create the cookie cup. It gives the dough something to climb with nice rippled design.
2. Take the time to COOL between each step. Wait until the cookie is cold before adding the cool whip and cream cheese mixture. And then chill again before enjoying. Trust me!! It’s worth the wait 😋
These were so fun to make with Madeline and I just know your kids will love making these as well!
If you make these Valentine’s Day Sugar Cookie Cups this weekend, I’d love to see a picture of your creation!! Tag @kaitkitchen on Instagram to enter my Valentine’s Day giveaway for a Target gift card!! What can be better!?
Valentine’s Day Sugar Cookie Cups
- 12 Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough Pieces out of package of 24 precut squares
- 4 oz Cool Whip
- 3.5 oz Strawberry Cream Cheese
- 3 Sliced Strawberries
- Take the Cool Whip out of the freezer and let thaw on the counter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Drop individual squares of cookie dough into each liner. You will have 12 cookie cups total. Don’t touch the dough, just drop them in there!
- Bake for 11-12 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit in muffin tin for 3 minutes and then gently move the cookies in liners to a cooling rack for 10ish minutes.
- Transfer the cookie cups to the fridge (still in the liner) for at least 30 minutes so that they are nice and cold before filling.
- Meanwhile, mix together the thawed cool whip and strawberry cream cheese. Add to a piping bag or a ziplock bag.
- Once cookies are cold, take each cookie cup out of the liner and then pipe cool whip and cream cheese mixture into the cup.
- Top with a heart shaped slice of strawberry.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve! They are best within 24 hours.