These easy garlic knots are a household favorite for good reason and always disappear quicker than expected. 🤪
My recipe uses store bought pizza dough that is tied into a knot and then brushed with homemade garlic butter. Once baked, the knots are topped with freshly grated parmesan cheese for a drool worthy appetizer.
But I’ve never made garlic knots before!
Don’t you worry, they are not hard to make at all!!
I’m slowly becoming less intimidated by bread recipes and this one is one of the first that I mastered. It’s not hard, I promise!! And everyone will think they were bought 😉
Easy Garlic Knots
For the Garlic Butter
- 1 head garlic
- 1 stick butter 1/2 cup
- Drizzle of olive oil
For the Garlic Knots
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Garlic Butter from above
- 8 ounces store bought pizza dough
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
For the garlic butter –
- Preheat oven to 400
- Slice off the top of the head of garlic to expose the cloves and then place on aluminum foil and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Wrap the foil around the garlic, so that it is completely sealed. Place in oven on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 35-45 minutes or until garlic is very soft.
- Let garlic cool for 5 minutes and then squeeze garlic out into a food processor.
- Melt stick of butter and then add to food processor.
- Blend the garlic and butter together for a few seconds and then transfer to a foil lined tuber ware, to create a mold for the butter.
- Chill until hardened, this recipe will use half of that stick of butter.
For the garlic knots –
- Preheat oven to 400
- Let refrigerated dough rest for 15 minutes before separating into 10 equal sized pieces.
- Roll into long log of dough and then gently tie into a knot and place with the ends under the knot.
- Continue for all pieces of dough.
- Melt the garlic butter and mix with salt and Italian seasoning.
- Brush half of this mixture on the knots and then bake for 17 minutes.
- Immediately upon removing from oven, brush with remaining butter mixture and grated parmesan cheese and then add back to the oven for 1-2 more minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then dip in marinara!