It’s that time of year when we’re trying to figure out what to bring to our holiday get-togethers. You should make these pimento cheese jalapeno poppers!!
It’s not your traditional Thanksgiving side, but if there’s any year to add a little SPICE to your Thanksgiving spread, it’s 2020 for sure!
Jalapeno poppers are generally thought of as a summer snack prepared on a BBQ pit, but I’m a-okay with enjoying them year-round. These pimento cheese jalapeno poppers are a slight twist on the traditional recipe, adding diced pimentos and a spicy seasoning to the cream cheese filling. And these are topped with bacon instead of wrapped for a sliiiightllly healthier dish.
What makes these appetizers so good?
We make sure to partially cook the jalapenos before filling so that we aren’t biting into a raw jalapeno, no thanks. These will be slightly spicier than the traditional poppers thanks to the addition of Tony Chachere’s More Spice seasoning that adds a little kick that will make these appetizers a favorite at your next event.
There’s nothing worse than bringing a dish that doesn’t get touched, I promise this won’t be the case with these. You won’t have any leftovers to bring home, but be prepared, you will be asked to bring these every time 🤣
But can I only make these during the holidays?
The pimento cheese jalapeño poppers are designed to be an appetizer, but if you follow me on Instagram, you know that I’ve had these for lunch MANY days over the past few weeks. I love them with grilled chicken and roasted potatoes. Definitely brings a reheated lunch up a notch when you add these to the plate.
I hope you all have a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving 💕 It’s going to be different this year, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have the BEST food.
Thanks to Tony Chachere’s for sponsoring this post! It’s so fun to work with a brand whose products I love using and would honestly recommend!
Pimento Cheese Jalapeno Poppers
- 10 jalapenos
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoons mayo
- 2 to 3 tablespoons diced pimentos
- 1 cup shredded medium cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon Tony Chachere’s More Spice seasoning
- 5 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- Optional: top with local honey
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cut jalapenos in half and remove seeds and ribbing to reduce spice
- Add jalapenos to a parchment paper lined baking sheet, cut side up.
- Add jalapenos to oven and let bake for 10 minutes (without filling)
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, mayo, pimentos, cheddar cheese, and Tony Chachere’s More Spice seasoning in a medium sized bowl.
- Cook and crumble bacon slices.
- After the jalapenos have baked for 10 minutes, fill each jalapeno half with about 1 tablespoon of the filling.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with bacon pieces, gently pushing into the cheese.
- Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then enjoy!!