Why is this the title? Because every pumpkin bread recipe I have been seeing lately is the healthified version of good ole pumpkin bread. And this one that I'm sharing is one that your grandma would make. Full fat, all the sugar, TOTALLY DELICIOUS.
This pumpkin bread recipe has no swaps. It's not dairy free, gluten free, vegan, sugar free. BUT it is delicious 😁
I do think there are benefits of having the healthy version of a sugary dessert, like this bread, butttt that's not going to come from me. At least not this year.
I want to say that I froze half of this pumpkin bread and ate it over a month long period but nope. Finished it in a week. Pretty sure Cody only had one slice. No regrets 🤣
A great perk to this pumpkin bread recipe is that you don't need a mixer to make it. Just a trusty whisk and a mixing bowl and you're good to go! This will make your entire house smell AMAZING when baking.
But just remember, it needs to COOL before slicing. I know it's so hard, but it'll be worth it 😁
I hope you try this recipe for Halloween, or save it for later and bring to a Thanksgiving or Christmas event. I know that it will be a favorite at the party!
And as always, if you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and tag me in it! I love seeing that others are getting use out of these recipes that I truly love. 💕
Grandma's Pumpkin Bread
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 cup pumpkin puree Libby's
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9x5 loaf pan with nonstick spray, line with parchment paper (this will make it much easier to remove from pan)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, eggs, and oil. Whisk or beat with mixer until smooth, about 1 minute
- Add in water and pumpkin and mix until well blended
- Stir in pumpkin pie spice
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients- flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well with a wooden spoon
- Add dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture and stir until fully incorporated
- Pour batter into the pan and bake for 1 hour. A toothpick should be able to come out clean.
- Let cool in pan for at least 10 minutes before removing to cool on cooling rack.
- Slice and serve with coffee!
Leave a Reply