Can you imagine waking up to the most crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside plate of these potatoes?! These Oven Roasted Breakfast Potatoes are the perfect addition to my potato crew – the melting potatoes, the roasted ranch potatoes, and the trusty twice baked potato!
As you know by now, I’m a fan of the mighty potato and ALL the lovely ways it can be prepared.
Roasted potatoes may be my favorite though, because they pair perfectly with thick sliced bacon and over easy eggs. YUM. 🥓 I like making these on the weekend because it does take a little extra time to prepare them, but that doesn’t mean it’s hard at all!
I like to keep my side dishes easy to make, and this recipe is no different. The hardest thing about these roasted breakfast potatoes is chopping them up.
One quick note before we get started – buy smoked paprika. Not just “paprika” GET SMOKED PAPRIKA. It makes the biggest difference in this recipe and many others that include this spice. I always get the McCormick brand 😁
Breakfast Roasted Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds baby gold potatoes skin on & chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 while chopping potatoes.
- Add chopped potatoes to a large mixing bowl and toss with olive oil and all spices.
- Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then mix potatoes with a spatula.
- Bake for another 20 minutes, mix again with a spatula and then top with shredded parmesan and then reduce the oven to 400 degrees and roast another 10 minutes.
- Mix and then serve with bacon and over easy eggs!!