Our Instant Pot was a baby shower gift from a college friend and it has been such a great addition to my collection of cooking tools. Not your typical baby shower gift, but I 100% recommend and will be gifting this to new mommas in the future 🤪
These peas only need to soak for about 2-3 hours beforehand, or up to overnight if that's more your style! I love how creamy these black eyed peas turn out with such minimal effort.
You can add cooked bacon pieces for extra flaavvorrr, but most of the time we opt out to keep it healthy 😁
Black eyed peas get a bad rep and I can't wrap my head around it!! Try these out and you'll be hooked like we are 💁🏻♀️
Instant Pot Black Eyed Peas
- ½ bag dried black eyed peas (8 oz of 16 oz bag)
- 3 cups water (for soaking)
- 2 cups water (for cooking)
- 2 teaspoons Better Than Bouillon Chicken flavor (or 2 chicken bouillon cubes)
- ½ teaspoon Tony Chachere's seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 slices cooked bacon, chopped small (optional)
- Add dried peas and 3 cups of water to a bowl and let soak for 2 to 3 hours or up to overnight. You don't need to soak beans/peas super long when using the Instant Pot but I do find that it helps to soak a little.
- Drain and rinse the black eyed peas after soaking and add to Instant Pot with 2 cups of water, better than bouillon, Tony's, parsley, bay leaves, and optional bacon.
- Close and seal Instant Pot and select the bean function (20 minutes)
- Once bean function has completed, let natural release for another 20 minutes.
- Stir and then serve with fresh white rice and roast!