Do you need this simple of a recipe? Maybe not. But perhaps you struggle with liking controversial veggies like broccoli and need a different way to make it 😁
This is my favorite way to prepare broccoli and between Madeline and I, we can easily finish 2 heads in 4 days. Cody even said "it wasn't bad" which is a great feat for this broccoli hater. 😂
What I think makes this broccoli so light and crispy is how tiny we are chopping these florets! I first cut the broccoli head into smaller florets and then slice them, holding the stem, into thin slices of broccoli. Makes sense? Ok good!
You want teeny pieces that will get lightly coated in olive oil and sprinkled with coarse salt and pepper. Yep, that's it!
I always top mine with shredded parmesan right out of the oven and sprinkle some red pepper flakes. Madeline enjoys her serving plain with just salt and pepper 💕
Try my version and you'll think twice before going back to plain ole steamed broccoli 😉
Simple Roasted Broccoli
- 2 heads of broccoli, chopped into very small florets (1 inch or less)
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400
- Toss chopped broccoli with olive oil and then spread on a baking sheet coated in nonstick spray.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the broccoli and then roast for 20 minutes.
- Toss the broccoli on the baking sheet and then spread back out evenly and roast for another 5-10 minutes until the tips are slightly charred and crisppyyyy.
- Let cool for just a few minutes and then enjoy! I love adding a little shredded parmesan on top right when removed from the oven!