I used to have those frozen chicken taquitos after school all the time! You know the ones. They remind me of my 12-year-old self…and sheeesh the drama that comes with being a 12 year old girl 🙈 but hey, I always had GREAT afternoon snacks 🤣
I loved creating this version; sprucing up and stretching Tony Chachere’s shredded chicken throughout the week. I’ve made this recipe so many times over the past few weeks and they are always gone within the day!
I’ve partnered with Tony Charchere’s to share ways to take one ingredient (shredded chicken) and turn it into several other flavorful and filling meals! If you haven’t looked at the shredded chicken post yet, go here, it’ll show you how to make my favorite shredded chicken ever!
This flavorful shredded chicken is mixed with cream cheese, a little more Tony’s Original Creole Seasoning because duh we love it, and pepper jack cheese for a little spice. Add it to a tortilla, roll it up, and bake until crispy! I have it here as optional, but you should definitely dip these in Tony Chachere’s Ranch!! It’s ranch, but even more delicious 😂
Baked & Crispy Chicken Taquitos
- 2 cups Tony Chachere’s Shredded Chicken
- 1/2 block cream cheese 4 oz
- 1/2 teaspoon Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 8 tortillas soft taco/regular sized
- 1 egg + 1 tablespoon water whisked
- Tony Chachere’s Creole Style Ranch for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine shredded chicken, cream cheese, Tony’s seasoning, and pepper jack cheese in a medium mixing bowl and mix well. This mixture will combine best if the chicken is warm and the cream cheese is at room temperature.
- Add 1/4 cup of mixture to each tortilla, roll up, and place seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Lightly brush tops of tortilla with egg wash and then bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip each of the taquitos, brush with more egg wash and then bake for another 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then dunk in Tony Chachere’s Ranch when eating!
Thanks to Tony Chachere’s for sponsoring this post! It’s so fun to work with a brand whose products I love using and would honestly recommend!