veggie tacos anyone?
You probably know by now that I just looove roasted chickpeas!
I love them as a crunchy snack, in salads, pastas, and now TACOS 🌮
I made these when I was trying out a new homemade tortillas recipe and they were so much better than expected 😯 Here is the link to the tortilla recipe that I used - the in-depth recipe was so helpful!
I add "spicy" in the recipe title because I used original Rotel, medium green chile (it's hotter than "medium" in my opinion 🤪), and also added cayenne to my taco seasoning before roasting the chickpeas. You can easily swap the original Rotel for mild for less heat!
Roasted Chickpea Spicy Tacos
- can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ teaspoons homemade taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- roasted green chile (I use medium heat)
- 1 can original Rotel
- ½ can black beans, drained and rinsed
- sprinkle of chili powder and cayenne
- homemade tortillas or street taco sized tortillas
- shredded pepper jack cheese
- optional but encouraged - avocado cream sauce
- Roast the chickpeas - follow this recipe and swap out the salt and cumin for the taco seasoning. Let chickpeas rest for a few minutes before adding to your taco.
- Add the Rotel and black beans in a bowl and sprinkle a little chili powder and cayenne pepper. Mix to combine. The longer this mixture sits, the better, but it's still great right away.
- Add pepper jack cheese to two tortillas and then warm to melt the cheese.
- Add a spoonful of green chile.
- Load with roasted chickpeas and beans and Rotel mixture.
- Drizzle with avocado cream sauce if desired and enjoy!!
Leave a Reply