You wanted more baby food, so I'm giving you more!
This is what Madeline's regular breakfast looks like! I make a double batch of these pancakes and then she eats on these for 3 days.
These pancakes are super similar to the egg + banana pancakes that you see floating around as an healthy alternative to regular pancakes. I'll be honest, I don't think those pancakes are that tasty butttt to each their own 😂
These have banana and egg, but also use baby oatmeal to provide more fiber and overall substance to the pancake. If you do not have baby oatmeal on hand, you can pulse the same about of old fashioned oats in a food processor to recreate the fine texture of baby oatmeal.
I try to prepare these in a longer shape so that Madeline can easily grasp onto these! She normally has these pancakes with blueberries or strawberries. If I'm out of fresh fruit, she'll have a fruit puree blend pouch!
Baby Oatmeal Banana Pancakes
- ½ banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons baby oatmeal
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash the banana until no lumps remain.
- Add in the egg and whisk to combine.
- Add in the baby oatmeal, mixing after every tablespoon added. Sprinkle in cinnamon and mix.
- Warm a nonstick griddle or skillet on medium heat and then spoon batter to the skillet.
- Flip after 2 minutes and cook until pancake is golden. I usually cook mine for 5 ish minutes to ensure the egg is fully cooked.
- Let cool and let your baby enjoy their yummy pancakes!!
Leave a Reply