Is it the most exciting recipe in the world? No. Is it one of the most useful. Yes, especially if you're in the south 🤪
I had a rice cooker for years, then it broke, and I never replaced it 🙈
I struggled with making perfect stovetop rice for a while, I'm not going to lie, but I figured it out!!
If you use a rice cooker, I don't blame you. But now that I know how to make stovetop rice, I'm not sure if I'll ever replace by rice cooker. Just gives me more room for other kitchen gadgets 🤓
Here are some recipes that you can enjoy with your stovetop rice -
And a milllionnn more. We love rice over here. Let's get cooking.
- 2 ¼ cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 ½ cups dry jasmine rice (not rinsed)
- Bring water, salt, and olive oil to boil in a medium saucepan.
- As soon as water starts to boil, stir in rice. When it returns to a boil, mix rice again (only for a few seconds) and then cover lid completely and turn fire to low.
- Let rice cook for 20 minutes, undisturbed. Don't you lift that lid!!
- Turn off the fire after 20 minutes, but leave lid on and keep on warm burner for 5 minutes.
- Fluff rice and serve!
- See!! Told you it was easy 😉