This Taco Bake is perfect for big families or if you need lots of leftovers. We are the latter, and can eat on this for 4 days!! 4!!
It's a simple dish to bake that uses easy to find ingredients, that's a win in my book! This meal can be easily adapted to your preference and is well loved by kids and adults alike. My 11 month old even approves! 👶🏻
So what do I need to make the Taco Bake?
- a box of macaroni noodles
- unsalted butter
- a pound of ground beef
- a can of black beans
- a can of mild Rotel
- taco seasoning
- a can of enchilada sauce
- cheddar cheese
- pepper jack cheese
- cream cheese (all the cheese 🥰)
How to make it your own:
- spice it up by switching out the mild Rotel for original or spicy
- add a ¼ cup medium green chiles for an extra kick and that green chile flavor that I can't get enough of
- Top your serving with avocado for extra healthy fats
- Or top with extra cheese
- Swap the ground beef for ground turkey for a leaner option
- Swap black beans for pinto beans if you really want to (or are out of black beans), although this is my least favorite swap as you know I love my black beans 🤪
- Use a different type of pasta
- 1 pound box macaroni noodles
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1 pound ground beef 93% lean
- 1 can black beans no salt added, drained and rinsed
- 1 can mild Rotel
- 1 ½ tablespoons homemade taco seasoning 1 serving
- 3 oz cream cheese cubed
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350
- Boil noodles as indicated on package. Save ¼ cup pasta water. Drain and return to pot.
- Add pasta water, butter, and enchilada sauce to the noodles and stir together.
- While noodles are boiling, brown ground beef and then drain grease.
- Add black beans (drained and rinsed), Rotel, and taco seasoning to the ground beef and let cook on low for 5 minutes.
- Add cream cheese to the ground beef mixture and cook on low until cheese is melted.
- Combine the noodles and ground beef mixture in a baking dish (I love my Pyrex bake and store for this).
- Mix the two together and then top with cheddar and pepper jack cheeses.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Serve topped with avocado slices and chipotle chili pepper for added spice!