Hopefully you know by now that I'm into adding jalapeños to whatever I can 😂 I wasn't a jalapeño fan until I moved to Colorado, but wow did I wish I would have added it to my drinks earlier.
Being pregnant and then breastfeeding all last summer, taught me that everyone needs a great nonalcoholic drink in their recipe box. A nice lemonade or limeade always sounded so refreshing and I never regretted making a glass!
It also didn't hurt that it reminded me of a tasty margarita 😉
This limeade is perfect for those hot summer days by the pool or when you're watching your husband grill burgers while not helping at all (whoops)
This limeade can also be turned into a margarita very easily 🍹
How to make a jalapeño margarita using the limeade -
- 1 shot (about 2 tablespoons) cointreau
- 1 or 2 shots tequila (up to you, boo 😉)
- 1 cup jalapeño limeade
- Line the rim of a glass with salt or Tajin if desired
- Fill cup halfway with ice
- Pour in ingredients above.
- 1 cup very hot filtered water
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups chilled filtered water
- juice from 2 limes
- 1 large jalapeño, sliced into rounds including seeds
- Mix very hot water with sugar until sugar completely dissolves and is clear.
- Pour into pitcher and add 2 cups of chilled water along with lime juice and jalapeños.
- Give it a nice stir and then chill in the fridge for at least a 2 hours before drinking.
- Enjoy with ice or turn it into a margarita if you choose!