This weekend kicks off the start of summer!! This summer is bound to be way different than years prior, but that doesn't mean we can't eat delicious and refreshing salsa.
Turns out you can make a great salsa with canned chickpeas, tomatoes, and a lime. Who knew?! This salsa tastes so fresh and you would never guess that the ingredients are mainly pantry staples.
I first saw this recipe on Lauren Steele's instagram stories and I was immediately intrigued. I love salsa and I love chickpeas but never thought to put the two together!
I tinkered with the measurements until I found my perfect ratio. I can't wait to dig into these after a long day at our neighborhood pool (if they allow it to open this year 😭). I can't wait to make this for our friends when we are able to gather again! I cannot believe my introverted self has been itching for parties 😂 I MISS MY PEOPLE
- can of mild Rotel (original or hot will also work, but more spice)
- can of garbanzo beans (no salt added), drained and rinsed
- juice from 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon dried chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried minced garlic
- Mix all ingredients in a large jar or other tuber ware container.
- Let chill in the fridge for at least an hour before enjoying.
- Enjoy with some chips within a week - if it lasts that long!
Leave a Reply