So you thought your little one was fun before 6 months? JUST WAIT!
This portion of Madeline’s life was filled with new developments every few weeks. To think that before this time frame she couldn’t sit and by the end of it she was crawling is just insane!
Madeline started to show just how fearless she is and her love for her big puppy grew even more than before. She started eating 3 times a day and y’all know how much she enjoys food 😂
Here are the products that we used the most when Madeline was 6 months to 9 months old. These are in addition to those products mentioned in the 0-3 month and 3-6 month post. Go check them out if you haven’t already!
Our Favorite Products for 6-9 months
- Banana toothbrush and Sophie – I’ve mentioned these before, but needed to again. These teethers are Madeline’s favorite even now (at 11 months). One is noticeably more expensive than the other, but both are loved equally!
- Seated bath support – Right around 6 months old, Madeline was almost jumping out of her old bath support! I was so sad to see it go, but this seated support was awesome! We used it from when she was almost sitting independently until around 9 months old. She loved the freedom to splash around with her toys in a seated position. The only downside to this support is that it isn’t as easy to remove from the tub if you have other family members using the same tub.
- Activity cube – this was a Christmas gift and Madeline has loved this cube! There are different settings for songs or learning (numbers and animals). Encourages sitting for little ones, but fair warning – the songs will get stuck in your head 🤪
- Padded Play Mat – When Madeline was starting to sit on her own and trying to scoot around, I would lay down a blanket for her to play on but she would just pull it around her. I knew we needed a play mat since we have a husky in the house and no matter how much I vacuum, the carpet is not the cleanest. Whatever, I’ll admit it. We love the play mat and you can easily fold it up for storage, but warning – if you have a big dog, it may get scratched. It isn’t the highest quality (it’s only $40) so it’s not dog proof, but I still don’t regret the purchase.
- Jolly jumper – Madeline in this thing was pure joy! She loved being able to try new jumps and would get so excited when Kato would come near her, it’s like she just had to show off for Kato. Warning – this price looks way higher than what it was when we purchased it. Maybe wait until there’s a price drop. Ours was around $80
- Shopping cart cover – I LOVE this thing! It’s perfect for babies who are close to sitting or can sit, but are still quite small for the shopping cart. Madeline slides around in the cart without this cover, but with it, she’s nice and snug! Plus it keeps your little one’s hands off the shopping cart because germs 🥴
- Bib with pocket – maybe you don’t think that you need it, but you do. Especially when your little one is trying to master their pincer grasp. I have one of these and then 2 cheaper ones that I found at Target. Both work good for catching rogue food, but the one linked (mushie) sits higher on Madeline’s neck so that the top of her shirt wouldn’t get messy.
- Blocks and rings – I’ve linked the ones I have but you can’t really go wrong with any blocks and rings. They are great for simple play without bright lights/sounds.
- Guzzie + Guss Perch High Chair – A high chair was one of those important products that I couldn’t decide on. We had registered for this perch high chair, knowing we may be traveling a good bit and knew this could come along with us. By the time Madeline was starting to eat (we started introducing food at 4 months, see my baby food post here), we still didn’t have a stand alone high chair! I honestly love this high chair and I know we can always buy a standing high chair later, I just haven’t felt like we needed one yet.
- VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker– this is great for once babies can sit. Madeline now runs around the house with this thing.
And here are two more pictures for you as a treat! Wow – I’m so thankful for iPhones and their ability to capture all 12,000 photos I take of Madeline 🥰 I can’t wait to see your little ones with these fun toys!