Baked Potatoes are comfort food 101. Crispy skin on the outside and a fluffy inside becomes the best addition to a smothered pork chop or fried chicken thigh! 🍗
I wanted my recipe to be the starting point of yours. Top as you wish! Go traditional with butter, cheese, and bacon, or switch it up by stuffing it with chili or bbq chicken.
These potatoes roast for a long time, but not at your typical 400 or 425 degree oven. Here's why I do it this way - I used to bake mine at 400 degrees, but found the skin became too hard and tough in the high heat. By lowering the heat to 375, I find the skin is light and crispy which keeping the inside very fluffy. 😻
I can't wait to see how you load up your potatoes!
Simple Baked Potato
- 4 large or 6 small/medium russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons steak n chop seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375
- Wash and scrub potatoes and then pat dry with a paper towel or kitchen towel
- Pierce each potato with fork or knife (I usually do 6 total per potato, 3 on each side)
- Combine olive oil and steak n chop seasoning in a small ramekin and then brush over all potatoes
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and then bake for 35 minutes, flip and then continue baking for another 40 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet and then slice longways, pinch the top and bottom together, and load with your favorite toppings (but never forget butter!!)
Leave a Reply