It’s almost Mother’s Day!! 🌼
Moms, I have something for you to request for this special day. A HOT BREAKFAST. 😱
I know, it seems impossible! But it’s not!! Sneakily text this recipe to your partner between 5 to 10 times before Sunday and you may wake up to this savory dutch baby pancake!! There’s nothing like enjoying a hot cup of coffee without having to microwave it halfway through.
We can dream of a spa day, or just an hour long massage, or the waiting area before you go into the actual massage 🤣 But this year, hot breakfast is what we (I) ask for.
This Dutch baby pancake is very similar to my original one posted here, but is smaller and topped with a sunny side egg yolk and salty parmesan cheese. Add some bacon to it if you want like I did!
I say you should make a sweet one for the kiddos and have this one to enjoy for you and your partner 🤪
Savory Dutch Baby Pancake
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk (2% also works) at room temperature
- 2 eggs (separated between 1 egg + 1 egg white and then one yolk by itself)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon salted butter, cold or softened
- coarse salt and pepper for topping
- shavings or shredded parmesan cheese for topping
- butter for topping
- optional bacon
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Add flour, milk, eggs (with 1 yolk removed), salt, garlic powder, and melted butter to a small blender cup.
- Blend the mixture for 30 seconds until completely incorporated.
- In an 8 inch skillet (one that can go in the oven), melt the tablespoon of butter over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, pour the batter into the skillet and immediately place in the oven. No need to stir the mixture!
- Let bake for 12 minutes.
- Take pancake out and top with yolk, parmesan cheese, and a little butter and place back in oven for 2-3 minutes or until the white around the yolk sets.
- Add more coarse salt and pepper if you wish and slice into four pieces. Enjoy with some bacon!