Can you believe it's the middle of September already?! And I thought time flew before Madeline was born but geeeez. The days/nights seem long but the weeks are so short.
We had a nice little cool front in Denver and this morning it was 50 degrees when we woke up!! I'm so ready for Fall and all of my favorite savory recipes that fit so perfectly with cold nights (like pastalaya and gumbo)
See ya Summer!
Soooo this is one of those recipes where I thought FOR SURE I had already posted, but turns out NOPE I was just hogging this recipe to myself!
Roasted chickpeas are one of my favorite snacks and definitely my favorite addition to a meat-free meal.
They are so easy to make and can be enjoyed alone (by the handful in my case) or added to any pasta, salad, or hell, make a sandwich!
Simple Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Drain and rinse can of chickpeas, pat dry with paper towel
- Optional step (but worth it): gently roll the chickpeas in your hand to remove the outer shell, this will help the chickpea to really crisp in the oven!
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and a light spray of nonstick spray
- In a mixing bowl, add in the chickpeas, olive oil, salt, cumin, and black pepper and stir to combine
- Spread the chickpeas on the baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes until the chickpeas are slightly golden.
- Let sit for at least 10-15 minutes to cool before either adding them to another recipe (aka pasta) or picking them up to go into the fridge. *If not, they will lose their crisp and just be sad and soggy.