As most of you already know, I’m a new momma! Miss Madeline Marie came into our lives on June 18th and it’s been an incredible (and incredibly tiring) 5 weeks. My labor and delivery experience was AH-mazing and I’ll talk your ear off about it if you’ll let me. TMI details and all 🤪
As a new breastfeeding mom, I wanted to make sure I was fueling my body with enough calories to keep our baby full.
I found this cookie recipe 2 weeks in and have been eating them everyday since. I’ve changed the recipe a little each time to find my perfect cookie- this is it!
It’s packed with oats, brewer’s yeast, and ground flaxseed which are all great for boosting milk supply.
I love that you can slice and freeze these and then bake as many as you want at a time – perfect for busy mommas out there like me!
Milk Monster Cookies
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brewer’s yeast
- 3 tablespoons ground flax
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 8 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips (or add another 1/2 cup for extra chocolate 🤪)
- Mix oats to salt in a medium mixing bowl
- Mix butter to vanilla in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer until creamy – around 5 minutes
- Add in peanut butter to the large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add in the dry ingredients 1 cup at a time and mix in until fully incorporated
- Mix in mini chocolate chips
- Form into two logs with a diameter of 2-3 inches (mine are closer to 3 inches) let chill in the fridge for an hour.
- Slice into inch thick cookies and then freeze for at least an hour (up to 2 months)
- When ready to bake:
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place how many cookies you want to bake on a greased baking sheet (I usually bake 8 or 12 at a time)
- Bake for 11-12 minutes – do not over bake!! they will be rock hard (I’ve learned from experience)
- Store in a closed container for up to 4 days and enjoy your milk making cookies!