This recipe is adapted from one of my favorite meals from my high school BFF’s mom (Hey, Mrs. Michelle!!)
I spent countless days and nights at the McMillan’s, and when that Mexican Casserole would come out, I would be the happiest 14-18 year old in all the land.
It’s cheesy, filling, and kid friendly – not low calorie or low carb but hey sometimes you need a good mac and cheese in your life.
This recipe uses the good stuff- yes, the blue box.
You’ll prepare Kraft Mac and Cheese like listed on the box and then mix in seasoned ground beef and southwestern style corn and then top with MORE CHEESE!
This dish is a regular around our house and always brings me back to those simpler high school days. Try it out and tell me what you think!
Mexi Mac and Cheese
- 1 box Kraft Mac and Cheese (and ingredients to make the mac)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 serving Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can Southwestern Style Corn
- 1/2 can Whole Kernel Corn (no juice)
- 2 cups Mexican Blend Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare Mac and Cheese like instructed on box
- Brown ground beef, crumbling, until no pink remains
- Add in taco seasoning and water and stir to incorporate, cook on low for 3 minutes
- Add taco meat to Mac and Cheese
- Add 1 cup of the cheese and corn (with no liquid) to mac mixture
- Transfer to casserole/pyrex dish and top with remaining cheese
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until meltyyyy
- Top with salsa or guacamole and enjoy!