Let’s talk nostalgia for a second. Growing up we were a cereal and frozen waffles/toaster strudel family. Also frozen French toast sticks. Alllll the French toast sticks.
These are simple but oh so yummy. And FREEZER FRIENDLY!!
Are you having family in town for the holidays and don’t want to spend hours making breakfast? These freezer sticks are the way to go.
Are you a busy gal/guy that wants French toast sticks in the morning – that are homemade? These for sure.
Do you just want French toast sticks at your disposal for any time of the day and for any occasion (aka Friday nights at home with your pup + hubs spending 45 minutes to decide on a movie to watch)? YES, definitely for you.
Freezer Friendly French Toast Sticks
- 1/2 loaf thick-cut Texas toast
- 1 cup whole or 2% milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 250
- Lay toast on a baking sheet and place in warm oven (250 degrees-ish) for 5 minutes
- Raise oven heat to 350
- One cooled, gently slice into 3 sticks (using a serrated bread knife is key for this)
- Whisk the rest of ingredients in a medium mixing bowl
- Dip sticks in mixture, letting soak for 5 seconds each and then place on a greased baking sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes, flipping the sticks halfway
- Top with powdered sugar and fruit and then drizzle with syrup! YuuuUUmMm
- If we’re freezing these: let cool completely and then transfer to a freezer ziplock bag. When reheating, heat 4-6 at a time with a damp paper towel draped on top for 45-60 seconds in the microwave. Yum times fifteen.