Ok, who struggles with getting a wholesome breakfast during the workweek? 🙋🏻♀️
Some mornings I sit watching the news and sipping on my coffee for a full hour. But do I make some beautiful egg, avocado, and potato hash that I always see on Insta? No.
During the weekdays, I need something that has been made the night before. I've learned that about myself and I'm ok with it!
You've probably seen my breakfast burritos that I make pretty often for the hubs and I. Those are for savory breakfasts, and this is my go-to for sweet breakfasts 🍇
This baked oatmeal has quickly become one of my favs because - it's low sugar, filling, and one recipe makes breakfast for 4 days!!
Top with bananas or honey or maybe a little ice cream if this is your dessert!? 😻
Baked Blueberry Oatmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup milk (I use almond)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- 1 - 10oz bag frozen or fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350
- Add ingredients from eggs to nutmeg to a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add oats, baking powder, and pecans and fold into the mixture
- Add in blueberries, reserving ½ cup and stir gently.
- Pour into 8x8 baking pan and top with remaining blueberries
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, let cool for 10 minutes and then slice into 4 square servings
- Can be reheated for breakfast for the whole week- microwave for 1 minute to reheat
- Top with sliced bananas, honey, or maple syrup for a yummy breakfast!
Leave a Reply