I like to experiment with side dishes. It's a safe bet- if you screw it up, at least you still have the rest of the meal to enjoy!
I had tried so many different oven roasted potato recipes, but had such a hard time getting them perfectly crisp on the outside, but very tender on the inside.
These petite potatoes were all I needed to make my now favorite side (don't tell asparagus)
This dish is just as simple as chopping potatoes, mixing in seasoning, melting butter on a baking pan, and then letting your oven do all the work.
You'll love these buttery, ranch potatoes that you can serve with almost anything! Our favorite is with pork chops, hamburger steaks, or alongside eggs and bacon for a yummy breakfast!
Crispy Roasted Ranch Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 bag petite white potatoes (24 oz, see picture below for the bag that I use)
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning (I use the big hidden valley shaker)
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400
- In a large baking sheet, add butter and let melt in the oven as it is preheating. I usually keep it in there for 3-5 minutes.
- Chop potatoes in half and add to a large mixing bowl. Add rest of ingredients and then mix together.
- Pour potatoes into the baking sheet with the melted butter and place all potatoes cut side down *be careful the pan will be hot
- Bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender and browned.
- Serve with pork chops or hamburger steaks
These potatoes are HEAVEN. Simple as that. I don't call Kaitlyn the potato girl for nothing -- she KNOWS what she's doing with her potato recipes.
THE BEST WAY TO EAT POTATOES. This has got to be my favorite Kait's Kitchen recipe. So simple, but so flavorful. Love them with breakfast and dinner!