I like to experiment with side dishes. It's a safe bet- if you screw it up, at least you still have the rest of the meal to enjoy!
I had tried so many different oven roasted potato recipes, but had such a hard time getting them perfectly crisp on the outside, but very tender on the inside.
These petite potatoes were all I needed to make my now favorite side (don't tell asparagus)
This dish is just as simple as chopping potatoes, mixing in seasoning, melting butter on a baking pan, and then letting your oven do all the work.
Crispy Roasted Ranch Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 bag petite white potatoes (24 oz, see picture below for the bag that I use)
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning (I use the big hidden valley shaker)
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400
- In a large baking sheet, add butter and let melt in the oven as it is preheating. I usually keep it in there for 3-5 minutes.
- Chop potatoes in half and add to a large mixing bowl. Add rest of ingredients and then mix together.
- Pour potatoes into the baking sheet with the melted butter and place all potatoes cut side down *be careful the pan will be hot
- Bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender and browned.
- Serve with pork chops or hamburger steaks