Just in time for NATIONAL TEQUILA DAY 🍹
This is my drink of choice at the moment and I can't get enough of it! It's sweet, but not too sweet and has heat from the jalapeño, but only a hint.
Most Friday nights we are beat from the work week and just want to relax on our back porch with a drink in hand.
You can thank our laziness on Friday nights for this recipe! 😁
The weather here in Colorado is truly a dream. It can be a scorcher at mid day but come 7 pm, it cools off. In Louisiana, if it's hot at noon, it's hot at 10 pm, and hot the next morning. The cool evenings are enough to keep me here for a few more years 😉
Make this drink to enjoy outside on your porch on a Friday night like me and it'll be like we're sharing a cocktail. Cheers!
Just a few pointers to make the best cocktail:
- Let's get a nice brand of tequila. It doesn't have to cost $100, but we will grab a tequila that isn't on the bottom shelf
- Freshly sliced jalapeño WITH seeds here!!
- Grapefruit juice can either be from a juice box (aka what I use 90% of the time) or bonus points if you freshly squeeze. It will always be better this way
- Invest in a cocktail shaker, I find it makes a big difference. I spent $15 on mine and it works like a charm
Sparkling Jalapeño Paloma
- 3 ounces tequila
- 3 ounces grapefruit juice
- Juice from ½ of a lime
- 4 jalapeño slices, including seeds
- 3 ice cubes
- Lime sparkling water
- More jalapeño and lime slices for serving
- Add tequila, grapefruit juice, lime juice, jalapeño slices, and ice to a shaker and shake shake shake
- Pour into 2 cocktail glasses and then top with sparkling water
- Garnish with another jalapeño slice and a lime wedge