This has been one of my favorite breakfasts for the past year and I don't see it changing anytime soon!
So I know I'm like 2 years late on the overnight oats craze, but I'm also a decade late for blogging so bear with me, ok?
If you're anything like me and grew up on PB and banana sandwiches, you will LOVE this recipe. I try to use peanut or almond butter that includes only peanuts or almonds. No sugar or any added stuff!
This breakfast always keeps me full until lunch which is helpful on busy workdays or weekend day trips.
Put down that protein bar and dig into a bowl of oats loaded with chia seeds and peanut butter and sweetened with bananas and local honeyyyyy 🐝
Peanut Butter and Banana Overnight Oats
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- ⅔ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ sliced banana
- 1 spoonful peanut butter
- Drizzle of local honey
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Handful of granola (recipe below)
- Combine oats, chia seeds, and milk and place in fridge, sealed, overnight or at least 4 hours
- In the morning, top with rest of ingredients and enjoy cold!
- 1 ½ cup old fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt