Merry Post Christmas/Pre New Years to all of you wonderful humans! What a great time of the year to be with the people you love while eating all the food you REALLY love.
This year, Mr. Bou and I were lucky enough to spend 10 days back home in Louisiana! It was filled with amazing family time and so so much seafood. Sadly, we weren’t able to see our families on Christmas Day, but we made treats that remind us of home!
My mom would always make peanut butter fudge. Wow, it’s so rich and sweet, and I could eat the whole pan. I’m planning on making that soon, but just couldn’t for Christmas because it would make me too homesick! Love you, mom!
The moral of this is I LOVE FUDGE. All types of fudge because let’s face it, it’s all sugar. And y’all know how I love my sweets!
This fudge is perfect for the holidays because
- it’s quick
- it requires very few ingredients
- it’s a well-liked flavor (cookies and cream!)
Some desserts are unique and equally delicious, but picky eaters won’t give it a chance. This fudge is not the case!
The whole process takes 10 minutes. No joke! Then, all you need to do is cool and cut into small pieces.
Let’s get started-
In a large microwavable bowl or medium sized saucepan, add 1 and a half bags of white chocolate chips.
*Note: Pay $1 more for the better melting chocolates. The cheaper brands are just fine for chips in cookies/breads, but not for melting because of the added wax.
Once almost melted, add one 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk and continue to melt and stir until creamy.
Meanwhile, crush 20 Oreos into tiny pieces. This would be a perfect task for little hands!
Once white chocolate has melted, add in Oreo pieces reserving 1/4 cup. Mix well, and work fast!
Transfer fudge mixture to a 9×13 baking pan that has been covered with parchment paper. I like to lay one sheet of parchment paper in each direction (easier to remove from pan)
Once fudge has been poured in, spread flat and then top with the remaining 1/4 cup of Oreos. Pop in the fridge or freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour or until set and then cut into small squares!
Happy Holidays y’all! Hope your week is safe, fun, and filling!
Easy Oreo Fudge
- 20 Oreos, crushed into small pieces
- 1 – 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 bags white chocolate chips (the better the brand, the less wax the chips will have and will be easier to melt)
- Melt white chocolate chips in a large microwaveable bowl or in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- When chips are almost all melted, add in the can of sweetened condensed milk
- Meanwhile, crush Oreos into small pieces and once all chips are melted, add in the Oreos, reserving 1/4 cup and stir to combine
- Line a 9×13 baking pan with two sheets of parchment paper (one each way, making a cross) and pour in fudge mixture.
- Spread fudge in pan and then top with remaining Oreo pieces.
- Place fudge into the fridge or freezer for 30 min-1 hour or until set and then cut into small squares.
- Enjoy with family and friends!