Guess who is the king of the house? Nope, it’s not Mr. Bou, but our Siberian Husky, Kato.
Our pupparoni is our pride and joy (we don’t have kiddos yet, ok?!) And since I’m protective of my sweet boy, I like to make his treats whenever I can!
I’ve recently learned that pumpkin is great for our canine friends. I know, I’m late to this knowledge, but I’m learning at my own pace, geez! We all know that dogs go nuts for peanut butter, so combining these two were a no brainer.
But please try to feed your dog (and yourself) natural PB – no sugar, salt, or oil added. It’s literally like a dollar more than the regular stuff so just get it; I’m going to peer pressure you.
These are super easy to make, healthy for your pup, and will make your house smell like peanut butter, which everyone in this household loves!
But quick warning: since these are made with all natural products, aka no chemicals, they spoil MUCH quicker than other dog treats. In like 5 days quick.
My beaut BFF, Heather, told me that she likes to freeze these and either thaw out a few at a time or just serve frozen! Your pups will love them either way!
Three ingredients– that’s it! And we’ll start with the oat flour. I just take 1 and 3/4 cups of old fashioned oats and pulse them in a food processor until it resembles flour. (You can also buy actual oat flour, but for this recipe I would just save your money and use what’s on hand)
Dump your flour into a mixing bowl and add 1/2 cup Natural Peanut Butter and 1 cup Pumpkin (I use Libby’s). Give it a good stir, the dough will be VERY STICKY!
Lay down a sheet of parchment paper on a counter top and then plop down the dough. Cover with another piece of parchment paper and then roll dough into a layer about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
Now you can either:
- Cut rectangle/square pieces
- Cut out cute bone or heart or flower shapes
- Cut out your dog’s name
Truly depends on how much you want your husband to roll his eyes at you. The choice is yours!
Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, let cool and then make your dog the happiest pup in the world!
Easy Peanut Butter Pumpkin Dog Treats
- 1 3/4 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Pumpkin (Libby’s)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Add oats to a food processor and pulse until oats resemble flour.
- Add oats, peanut butter, and pumpkin to a mixing bowl and stir to combine
- Lay a piece of parchment paper down on a counter top, spoon out dough, and then cover with another piece of parchment paper.
- Roll out dough to 1/4 – 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into small pieces or use a cookie cutter to make cute shapes!
- Transfer to baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool and then keep in airtight container in fridge for 4-5 days or freeze. (Dogs love them either way!)