Who's the sweetest boy in the house? Yep, it's Kato!!
Kato was our first experience with parental responsibility. Or so we thought. Then we had a baby. Completely different 🤣
Kato doesn't get the attention that he used to, but we're trying to keep him spoiled! He's so great with his little sister and puts up with all of her hair pulling and petting (which is more like slapping) 🥴
But he absolutely loves his little girl because 1) she feeds him and 2) she now plays fetch with him!!
Since he is such a great big brother, I love making treats for him that he LOVES that are made with minimal and healthy ingredients.
So what's in it?
- peanut butter - you can use regular old Jif or Geta more natural/less sugar option
- old fashioned oats - we throw these in a food processor to resemble coarse flour
- canned pumpkin - I know!!! Fall for the pups! And it's great for them 😁
I slice these into rectangles because hello it's easier and they store better buttt you could also make cute pumpkin shapes or spell your pup's name. It all depends on how much you want your husband to roll their eyes. Up to you 🤪
Easy Peanut Butter Pumpkin Dog Treats
- 1 and ¾ cups + ¼ cup old fashioned oats, divided
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (I use Libby's)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Add 1 and ¾ cup oats to a food processor and pulse until oats resemble flour.
- Add peanut butter and pumpkin to the food processor and pulse until combined (you can also just mix with a spoon if your food processor isn't big enough)
- Pour dough onto a parchment paper lined counter top and lightly sprinkle with ¼ cup old fashioned oats (not from the food processor) and gently roll out dough to ¼-1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into 1 inch rectangles or use a cookie cutter to make cute shapes!
- Transfer to baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely and then keep in airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days or freeze. (Dogs love them either way!)