Did y’all know that I love to grocery shop? Like LOVE it.
I like to be prepared – have my shopping list ready, digital coupons saved, and coffee in hand (I’m happiest this way)
And my #1 tip on grocery shopping: Have a few meals in mind while shopping. You’ll get nowhere if you buy ingredients that cannot come together to form a meal. And you’ll be grumpy. And have to go back to the store on a (GASP) Sunday afternoon. THE WORST.
Now I can be a little crazy about my shopping lists, but it helps me to run through that store like I’m trying to set a new record.
The below list is my healthy grocery shopping list. I usually buy more snacks and red meats for Mr. Bou, but this is typically what I’ll eat in a week.
I’ve also included the meals that you can make with all of this food – I’ve planned out your week of meals for you!
I thought this may be helpful for some of you who have trouble grocery shopping or just new to shopping for yourself. Being prepared is the key to not adding 4 cartons of ice cream to that shopping cart (but definitely get a mini carton or two)
Oh, and I’ve listed these in the order in which I would pick them up, typically my route goes as follows: toiletries, household goods (cleaning, laundry, dishes), dairy/eggs/canned dough, inner aisles (pasta, snacks, spices, etc.), meats, breads, produce is last.
Yes, I have a route. Yes, you can make fun of me for it.
Here’s the list:
- Egg White Carton
- Carton of Eggs
- Thin Sliced Provolone
- Almond Milk (Unsweetened) or 2% Milk
- Almond Milk Creamer (I love the Vanilla)
- Pepper Jack Cheese Small Block or Bag
- Emergen-C (Super Orange all the way)
- Old Fashioned Oats
- Almond Butter
- Instant Grits
- Jarred Marinara
- Canned Black Beans – 2
- Enchilada Sauce
- Original Rotel
- La Croix (I heart tangerine)
- Whole Chicken
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 pound Ground Turkey
- Thomas’ English Muffins
- Low Carb Tortillas, soft taco size
- Dole Chopped BBQ Ranch Salad (my current fav)
- Avocado – 1 or 2
- Bananas – 5
- Zucchini – 3
- Bag of Yellow Onions
- Sweet Potatoes – 2
- Green Beans – 1 pound
- Green Grapes
And here’s what you can make with these ingredients!
- Egg white breakfast muffin
- English muffin, toasted and light margarine spread
- Egg whites
- Thin Provolone slice
- Optional: top with avocado
- Almond Butter and Banana Overnight Oats
- BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad
- Dole Chopped BBQ Ranch Salad
- Easy Rotisserie Chicken
- Black Beans
- Top with Avocado
- Kait’s Healthy-ish Enchirito
- Frozen Grapes
- La Croix
- Coffee with Almond Milk Creamer
- Banana with Almond Butter