You know how when you were younger, you hated foods that you now absolutely LOVE?
I was a picky kid. I ate peanut butter sandwiches, no jelly, and don’t offer me a deli meat sandwich. PB only for this gal.
And milk, holy moly, I would drink milk like there was no tomorrow. And with every meal! One time I brought my glass out to a crawfish boil, I think I scarred my family. Sorry family!
So greens, no not a fan. But now, I am a greens lover. Love my veggies and I’m willing to try any and all foods because news flash: most of the time they are yummy.
Other than kale, I hate kale. ICK.
But, back to the dish. Do you know what’s universally loved and can make a green bean skeptic change their ways? Bacon. And that’s what we’re adding to these green beans.
I feel like this dish is perfect for big family gatherings; Thanksgiving, Christmas, or just a Sunday lunch.
It’s easy, nutritional thanks to the fresh green beans, and has that fat that we all crave from the bacon. Plus, there’s brown sugar that adds an unexpected sweetness. YUM!
Let’s get started –
Preheat oven to 400
First, wash up one pound of fresh green beans and pat to dry. Separate into bundles of 6-8 green beans.
Next, grab one pound of thick cut bacon (YUM) and wrap one slice of bacon around each green bean bundle.
Place these on a greased baking dish, seam side down until all bundles have been made. It’ll make 10-12 bundles. Lightly sprinkle salt and pepper on the bundles.
In a microwave safe bowl, melt 2 tablespoons of salted butter (not margarine). Add 1 tablespoon brown sugar and 1 teaspoon jarred minced garlic to the butter and stir to combine.
Brush this glorious butter mixture over each bundle and smile because you know it’ll be so tasty.
Cover the baking pan tightly with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil and then bake for another 10-15 minutes. Get that bacon nice and crispy!
Let rest for a few minutes and the serve your showstopping side dish!
Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
- 1 pound green beans
- 1 pound thick sliced bacon, 10-12 slices
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon jarred minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 400
- Divide green beans into bundles of 6-8 beans
- Wrap 1 strip of bacon around each of the bundles and place on greased baking pan, recipe will make 10-12 bundles
- Lightly salt and pepper the bundles
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Then, add in the brown sugar and garlic and stir to combine.
- Brush the butter mixture over the bundles
- Cover the baking pan tightly with foil and bake for 35 minutes
- Remove the foil and then bake for another 10-15 minutes or until bacon is crispy!