Most of my readers (all 10 of you) are twenty-somethings that are not feeding a large family. Big meals aren’t always the best decision, especially for a weeknight when you want an easy meal with minimal leftovers.
That’s where this meal this perfectttt.
I’m a HUGE lasagna fan. If I’m at an Italian restaurant, I’m getting the lasagna, don’t even give me a menu. And I’ll finish my gigantic portion until Mr. Bou has to roll me out of there – no regrets.
Every family has their go-to lasagna recipe, so there are literally thousands out there to base yours off of. Why choose mine?
Glad you asked! This recipe uses half of your favorite family recipe and is cooked in a loaf pan. Yes, the same thing you use to make pumpkin bread!
For the purpose of this recipe being easy first and foremost, I used oven ready noodles and jarred marinara.
Red Sauce – I love you.
Preheat your oven to 400.
First, we will need to brown a pound of meat. I use ground beef and ground turkey interchangeably for this recipe. AKA if Mr. Bou will be eating it I use beef and if it’s just for me, turkey it is.
Brown the meat, crumbling and then add salt and pepper once almost cooked. Drain any grease and then add in a jar of marinara with the meat along with 1/2 cup of water. Stir to combine and simmer while getting the rest of your ingredients ready.
Shred 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese, and gather your Parmesan and Ricotta
Coat the bottom of a loaf pan with a little of your meat sauce. Layer two strips of oven ready lasagna noodles. I had to crack around 1 inch off of my noodles to be able to lay flat.
Add a spoonful of Ricotta cheese to each noodle (2 tablespoons per noodle) and spread out. Top with a light layer of yummy Mozz and then a light sprinkle of Parm.
Add a few dollops of meat sauce to completely cover the cheese and then repeat the process – noodles, cheeses, meat sauce.
Add another layer of two noodles and then top with the rest of the sauce.
Finish it with the rest of Mozz and Parm and a sprinkle of Italian Seasoning. Cover tightly with foil and then bake for 25 minutes.
Uncover and bake for another 25 minutes or until cheese has browned.
Let sit for 10 minutes until the rest of the sauce has been absorbed by the noodles.
Now slice into six pieces and pig out with your S.O. while binge watching Shameless (we’re late to the party, ok?!)
Easy Lasagna for Two
- 1 lb either ground beef or turkey
- 1 jar your favorite marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup of water
- 6 ounces low-fat Ricotta (about half a small container)
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 6 pieces Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown meat of choice in a skillet, crumbling and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain any grease
- Add in a jar of your favorite marinara and water. Stir to combine
- Shred 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese
- In a 5×7 loaf pan, add a little of the meat mixture to the bottom, around 1/4 cup
- Lay two oven ready lasagna noodles in the pan, I had to crack off 1 inch of the noodle to make fit
- Take a spoonful of ricotta and spread on each of the noodles, around 2 tablespoons ricotta per noodle
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of Mozzarella and Parmesean
- Cover with a half cup of meat sauce
- Repeat layering once- noodles, cheeses, sauce
- Add last layer of noodles and then the rest of the sauce
- Top with the rest of Mozzarella and Parmesan and then a sprinkle of Italian Seasoning
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes
- Remove foil and then bake uncovered for another 25 minutes
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes to absorb any remaining sauce
- Serve with a green salad!