Sometimes you don't need a lavish meal, but you still want your taste buds to be happy.
Chicken breast can get so boring, so fast, yet it's always my protein of choice. This marinade helps transform that plain piece of chicken to a flavorful firework that you won't mind eating in your cubicle for several days (ahh, the joys of corporate America)
The marinade itself does require a good bit of ingredients, but y'all- SO WORTH IT.
Once your chicken has been grilled, you can make a great salad, pizza, or gyro!
My favorite way to enjoy this chicken is a lighter version with chopped cucumber, tomato and a side of hummus. Top it with some chopped Kalamata olives and you're good to gooooo.
Greek Chicken Marinade
- 2 or 3 chicken breast, each cut in half
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (from a real lemon is better)
- 1 clove garlic minced or 1 teaspoon jarred minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon EACH cumin, dried basil, onion powder, sugar, and salt
- ¼ teaspoon EACH pepper and paprika
- Stir all marinade ingredients together and then toss chicken breast in marinade.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours up to 24 hours
- Grill and enjoy!
Leave a Reply