Ok ok, the first day of Fall isn’t until Friday, but today’s my birthday and I wanted Pumpkin Bread – so therefore it’s Fall in my house!
Fall brings football, which means parties, which means tailgating foods (!!!), so obviously it’s my favorite season. Also, the clothes! God bless Fall clothing. The boots, booties, coats, suede everything – ok I’ll stop. Back to pumpkin.
Basic b!tches everywhere have named pumpkin to be the official flavor of Fall, and I’m totally on board.
I’m a cinnamon lover and let’s face it, pumpkin “flavoring” is basically cinnamon, allspice, and ginger. All things that I loooove no mater the time of the year.
This bread is equally as perfect in the morning as it is for dessert and it’ll turn skeptics into pumpkin lovers. And as a bonus, the recipe can easily be halved or doubled to fit your pumpkin needs!
Beware that this recipe makes two bread batches, so you’ll have plenty to share or just eat alone while binge watching The Sinner (I’m obsessed with Biel)
Let’s get started!
Preheat your oven to 350 and get your baking ingredients out from the back of your pantry.
You’ll need two mixing bowls for this recipe; in the first combine your eggs, sugar and oil. Beat with a mixer or by hand until smooth, about 1 minute.
Add in water and canned pumpkin and then mix again to incorporate. Add in your seasonings – cinnamon, ginger and allspice, and mix together once more.
Mmmmm smells good!
In a separate bowl, mix together your dry ingredients- flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Make sure you stir this thoroughly!
Little by little, add in the dry ingredients to your pumpkin mixture. Mix to incorporate and then pour into two greased 9×5 loaf pans.
Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick can come out clean.
Let cool for 5 minutes and then remove from pan, slice, and serve warm!
Pumpkin Spice Bread
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 15 oz can of pumpkin (Libby’s)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease two 9×5 loaf pans
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, eggs, and oil. Beat until smooth, about 1 minute
- Add in water and pumpkin and mix until well blended
- Stir in ginger, allspice, and cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients- flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well
- Add dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture and stir until fully incorporated
- Divide into two pans and bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour
- Let pans sit for 5 minutes then remove from pan, slice, and serve warm!