Every now and then you see a recipe on Pinterest and you’re like OMG YES I NEED THIS RIGHT NOW
Or at least that’s how I get.
This recipe was one of those. Right on track with my mini appetizers and even includes millennials’ favorite food, AVOCADO.
Most pretty things that you see on Pinterest are unattainable or impractical, this one happened to be a magical unicorn that was neither of those.
Quick, easy, crowd pleasing, and the most rare attribute of a party snack- healthy.
These wonton wrappers are baked in tiny muffin tins, filled with fresh guacamole, and topped with spicy shrimp – YUM!
First, spray non stick spray over your mini muffin tin and fill 24 tins with a wonton wrapper. Spray a little extra on the top to help get them crispy and pop them in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes or until browned.
Meanwhile, you can either whip up a quick homemade guacamole or buy some from your favorite grocery store!
I make my guacamole with 4 avocados, 1 roma tomato, a handful of cilantro, juice of one lime, and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
While your wontons are baking, toss 24 pieces of raw and thawed shrimp in Tony’s or my homemade taco seasoning.
Grill these on a hot cast iron skillet or heavy bottomed pan for about 3-4 minutes on each side until the shrimp are no longer translucent.
Once the wonton wrappers are crispy and cooled, fill each with a tablespoon or two of guacamole and top with a shrimp.
Sprinkle with cotija cheese and cilantro and your friends will be so thankful that they have you in their life (cause you are talented and smart, honey bun)
- 24 Wonton Wrappers
- 1 1/2 cups prepared guacamole
- 24 pieces of raw and thawed shrimp
- 1-2 teaspoons Tony’s or Taco Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350
- Fill non-stick sprayed mini muffin tins with one wonton wrapper each (24)
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden
- Prepare guacamole as desired
- Toss shrimp in 1-2 teaspoons of Tony’s or taco seasoning
- Grill on high heat for 3 minutes each side, until no longer translucent and then remove from heat
- Fill each wonton wrapper with a spoonful of guacamole and then top with one shrimp
- Sprinkle with extra Tony’s or taco seasoning, cotija cheese, and cilantro
- Serve immediately and enjoy!