This recipe is adapted from one of my favorite meals that my high school BFF’s mom would make (Hey, Mrs. Michelle!!)
I spent countless days and nights at the McMillan’s and when that Mexican Casserole would come out, I would be the happiest 14-18 year old in all the land.
It’s cheesy, filling, and kid friendly – not low calorie or low carb but hey sometimes you need a good mac and cheese in your life.
This recipe uses the good stuff- yes, the blue box.
You’ll prepare Kraft Mac and Cheese like listed on the box and then mix in a pound of ground beef, browned and crumbled, seasoned with homemade taco seasoning
Add a can of southwestern style corn, half a can of whole kernel corn, and a cup of Mexican blend cheese and stir.
Add the mixture to a glass dish, top with more cheese and bake at 350 for 20 min. Broil for 2-4 minutes for a nice browned cheesy topping!
Top with guacamole or salsa if you’re feeling spontaneous!
- 1 box Kraft Mac and Cheese (and ingredients to make the Mac)
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 2 tablespoons Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1 can Southwestern Style Corn
- 1/2 can Whole Kernel Corn (no juice)
- 2 cups Mexican Blend Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare Mac and Cheese like listed on box
- Brown ground beef, crumbling, until no pink remains
- Add in taco seasoning and stir to incorporate, cook on low for 3 minutes
- Add taco meat to Mac and Cheese
- Add 1 cup of the cheese and corn (with no liquid) to Mac mixture
- Transfer to glass dish or casserole dish and top with remaining cheese
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Broil for an additional 2-4 minutes
- Top with salsa or guacamole and enjoy!