I’m such an Oreo fan – I like to blame that on my family
My mom and I would eat Oreos in front of the TV many nights out of the week, breaking them into quarters, dunking in milk for a few seconds and then ahhh heaven.
I don’t live at home to dunk Oreos with my mom anymore, but I do have this recipe that reminds me of those sweet nights.
This dessert is perfect for summer days when you just need something cold and packed with Oreos!
Grab your family sized pack of Oreos (I know you have some in your pantry) and crush two rows into tiny pieces. I used my well-loved food processor for this.
Melt 5 tablespoons of butter and mix with the Oreos. Press into a greased pan to form a crust. For this recipe I used my springform pan.
In a medium mixing bowl, combined a package of Oreo pudding and 1 1/4 cup of milk (NOT the instructions on the box) and whisk to combine.
Let sit for 5 minutes to form pudding, eat 3-4 Oreos while waiting (crucial step!!)
Fold in one tub of cool whip and stir. Lay this mixture on top of the Oreo crust.
Take the last row of Oreos and crush them as well. Take half of the Oreos and cover pudding/whip mixture.
Open a second whipped cream container and top with a fourth to a half of just whipped cream and cover with rest of the Oreos.
Cover the pan completely and let sit in fridge for 8 hours or overnight is best!
Serve cold while your cooling off from the outside heat!
- 1 package family sized Oreos
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 4.2 ounce Oreo pudding box
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tubs cool whip
- Crush two rows of Oreos in a food process
- Mix with melted butter and form crust on the bottom of a springform pan (9×13 works too!)
- Mix pudding mix with milk and then let sit for 5 minutes to set
- Fold in one tub of cool whip and spread over Oreo crust
- Crush last row of Oreos and top pudding/cool whip with half of the Oreos
- Open a second cool whip and spread up to a half of the container on top and then top with the rest of the Oreos
- Cover completely and let sit in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight
- Serve cold!