It’s an easy dish that is always served at our Christmas or Thanksgiving as a side, although it can easily be a main dish.
Rice dressing is one of those dishes that you should always offer to bring to an event because it’s easy, flavorful, and liked by the pickiest of eaters.
First step is to brown a pound of ground beef. I use 93% lean most often, but 80% also works just fine. After browning and crumbled, drain your grease and add to a casserole dish.
In the same dish, add in a can of French Onion soup, a can of Cream of Chicken soup, 1 cup of uncooked rice (rinsed), 1 tsp Tony’s, and a dash (or 3 or 4) of hot sauce.
Stir it all together, say ew when you see what this goop looks like, cover completely and bake at 375 for 50 minutes.
After the 50 minutes are up, uncover and cook for an additional 15 minutes, I usually lower the temperature to 350 for this.
Remove from oven, cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Then fluff your delicious rice and serve warm!
- 1 lb ground beef, lean 93%
- 1 can French Onion soup
- 1 can Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 cup rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp Tony’s
- A few splashes of hot sauce
- Set oven to 375
- Brown and crumble ground beef, drain grease
- Add cooked ground beef to casserole dish, add rest of ingredients and stir to combine, cover completely
- Cook for 50 min covered and then 15 min uncovered.
- Remove from oven, place lid back on and let sit for 5 minutes
- Fluff rice and serve warm!